Attention Parents and Guardians
In an effort to provide better service and communication, we are using a web-based online system called Therap, which is currently used by over 350 agencies in the country serving people with developmental disabilities. By signing up for access, you will be a part of this electronic communication system.
Benefits of Therap:
- Secure and confidential information that is updated daily
- View daily service documentation called T-logs
- View GERs (General Event Reports), previously called incident reports
- Review medication administration called E-MARS, an online drug data base
- Write your own reports or communications to staff via S-COMS (secure communications), such as information on appointments, special needs, incidents staff and family need to be aware of, etc.
- Monitor service delivery, accuracy of information and communicate more effectively
- View safety control plans
- User friendly live help desk and instructional videos
- Access to online classes and training
As with all personal health information, confidentiality is of the utmost importance. HIPAA privacy protection laws apply. Information on Therap is highly confidential and has limited access only to those who are in a “need to know” position. It is to be used only to aid in providing specific healthcare services to an individual. Any other use is a violation of Federal Law (HIPAA) and will be reported as such.